Babysitting Virtual Course
-The course will be taught in english –
- Important child care skills
- Safety tips for children of all ages
- How to cope with common problems, like tantrums and crying
- Some great games and other ideas for having fun with the kids while babysitting
- How to make the children’s environment safe and enjoyable
- What are the respective rights and responsibilities of the babysitter and the family hiring one
- First Aid Content:
- Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911), glove removal, recovery position, conscious choking (adult/child/baby/alone), CPR (baby/child), illness, asthma (includes use of inhaler and spacer), anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen), poisoning, insect stings, wound care (i.e. minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, nosebleeds, bumps and bruises, life-threatening bleeding, burns), head, neck and back injuries, broken bones, seizures
- The importance of taking responsibility.
- The importance of establishing and following safety rules.
- Ways to keep your home safe.
- Ways to prepare for, recognize and respond appropriately to unforeseen situations (e.g., inclement weather, strangers or unexpected visits).
- Basic first aid: The 911 call, what to do when choking, asthma (how to use an inhaler); what to do because of severe allergy (how to use an auto-injector); poisoning; minor cuts, scratches, nose bleeding, severe bleeding, burns, etc.
- The Babysitter’s Manual
- Red Cross, Babysitter’s certification
- The participant must be 11 to 15 years old.
- The course takes place via Zoom. You will receive the connection link 24 to 48h before the course.
- Your child must participate in all sessions of the course, unfortunately no repeat classes are possible.
- The participant must be mature and responsible and participate in all practical and theoretical exercises.
- If your child has missed a session, they will need to retake a new course in full as the Red Cross trainer teaching the course must ensure that all participants have seen and understood all parts of the course.
- Approximately 15 days after completing the course, the participant will receive their certificate by email.
To receive a refund, the request must be made in writing at least 5 working days before the start of the course. Please note that the registration fee and the manual fee : 25$ included in the price are non-refundable. After this period, no refund is possible.